April 15 2024 17:35:23
Users Online
· Guests Online: 1

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 853
· Newest Member: nadziejakrab

Expedition Assessors

All practice and qualifying expeditions must be run according to Scout Association rules regarding activity authorisations.(see below) Any expeditions (whether on foot, horseback, bicycle or water) must have someone to supervise who holds the relevant authorisation. This means Nights Away Permit and Hillwalking T1 or T2.The supervisor should know the Group/Unit and be aware of the training needed and the rules of the dofe.as well as the skills needed on an expedition. They are responsible for the safety of all the Group during the expedition, and liaise with the assessor.

During the expedition they must be in the Expedition area and meet up with the group at various stages each day.

Additionally the assessor must be an accredited DofE Assessor. See here for T1 and T2 hillwalking authorisations.. Please discuss with the Adviser if you are not sure.


Assessor must not have had any part in the training, but may be known or be part of the Group/Unit.See above.


Assessor must not have had any part in the training, but may be known or be part of the Group/Unit. See above.


Assessor must be independent from the Group

If you require an assessor (especially at Gold Level) please let us know as soon as possible, a minimum of 6 weeks please.

This gives time to find a suitable available assessor and also for you to notify the Wild Country panel (Expedition Area) of your expedition.

Rating is available to Members only.

Please login to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.


Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Badges and Awards
800,607 unique visits